Affiliates COVID-19 Guideline
This Guideline constitutes part of the terms and conditions to which you agreed to be bound. Accordingly, subject to art 8.2 of the Affiliate General Terms and Conditions (link here), any affiliate who does not comply with this Guideline will be in breach of the terms and conditions and will be terminated immediately and without payment.
We are sharing with you some additional guidance and reminders in light of the current situation with Coronavirus (COVID-19). Based on art. 4.3.1 of Section A, “All advertising and promotion of Our Sites undertaken by you must comply with all Applicable Law from time-to-time”. You must comply with the guidelines of the following authorities’:
- UK Gambling Commission Guideline with respect for COVID-19
- MGA notice on socially responsible commercial communications with respect to COVID-19
- Danish Gambling Authority (Spillemyndigheden)
- Swedish Gambling Authority (Spelinspektionen)
You must comply with the EGBA Code of Conduct on Responsible Advertising for Online Gambling
We have applied heightened compliance monitoring software to ensure all Affiliates are acting in accordance with our terms and conditions.
Key Guidance Points to Note are:
- Ensure that gambling is not portrayed as a suitable or desirable response to those experiencing boredom or frustration during self-isolation.
- Must in no way mention or use the words associated with the Coronavirus (COVID-19) such as “bored” “isolation” “stay at home” amongst others.
- Communications for gambling:
- must be socially responsible, with particular regard to the need to protect children, young persons and other vulnerable persons from being harmed or exploited;
- must not portray, condone or encourage gambling behaviour that is socially irresponsible or could lead to financial, social or emotional harm; must not suggest that gambling can provide an escape from personal, professional or educational problems such as loneliness or depression;
- must not suggest that gambling can be a solution to financial concerns, an alternative to employment or a way to achieve financial security;
- must not suggest that solitary gambling is preferable to social gambling;
- and must not be likely to be of particular appeal to children or young persons, especially by reflecting or being associated with youth culture.
If you are in any doubt or have any further queries on any of the above points, please do not hesitate to contact your Account Manager for further guidance.
© 2015-2019 Mr Green Limited – All Rights Reserved